welcome to another day...

Monday, January 24, 2011

Our Top 5 Can't Live Withouts

Heres a list of all the things that make daily life as parents of an infant, liveable. They keep us sane, save the day, and most importantly keep our little boy happy.
(Links to where you can buy each product will be listed below the picture & paragraph)


Number 1.) Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Soothe & Glow Seahorse

This seahorse was purchased at Kohls with a gift card I got after having Ollie. Anytime I get a gift card, I spend the whole thing on him, on stuff he needs. As soon as I saw this on the shelf I knew I had to buy it then and put it away for Christmas. Christmas night he slept with it and has every night since. He loves having it right next to him in the co-sleeper while he drifts to sleep. We love it cause it has a light in it's belly, illuminating his little face while he sleeps. It plays soft music with bubbling noises in the backround. I can't imagine not falling a sleep to it now.

Ocean Wonders Soothe & Glow Seahorse




Number 2.) Bright Starts Links



These links may seem really simple and almost pointless, but they serve many purposes. Not only do they link to the carseat carrier, the swing, the stroller and the carseat handle, but they by them selves make the perfect teething toy. They fit so perfectly in Oliver's little hand and he loves mouthing on the diffrently colored links. When linked to a loop on a toy they can cannot to virtually anything you can imagine. Point being: their great.

Bright Starts Links




Number 3.) Boppy



I've never sat up and breastfed my son without the Boppy safetly secured under him and around my waist. I'm sure that seems spoiled sounding to those of you without one, but honestly I don't think I could breastfeed comfortably without it. If you plan on breastfeeding, I recommend having one in your posession. They may seem kinda pricey for a "pillow" but now that Ollie's older it serves even more uses. I use it to keep him sitting in my lap, laying down with it wrapped around him, and with him on his tummy facing out and holding his head up. It's a true miracle worker.

Boppy




Number 4.) Soothie Pacifier



When we brought Oliver home from the hospital he had already tasted the sweet joy of a "mippy", (me and mom have always called pacifiers mippy, call it what you may..binky, paci, etc.)and loved it, as I did till 3 years old. He had a Nuk one and seemed content. 3 days after brinGinger him home I was out shopping for him with a gift card I recieved. Along with the swaddle sacks I picked up was a free Soothie, already steralized. I thought I was ridiculous and too big for his face. He loved it. And still does. I find Dave and myself saying "where's soothie?!" at least 10 times a day. It's not glued to his mouth and he doesn't need it to sleep, but when he does need it...it's a LIFE SAVER. We bought around 10 after the first and hid them all around the house just "in case".

Soothie Pacifier




Number 5.) Fisher Price Ocean Wonders SpaceSaver Swing & Seat



For the first 2 weeks of life, this was our little mans bed. He slept so sound in it with the "Calming Vibrations" on and soft music on low. I was terrified of him not being within arms reach of me, so every night I'd place him in a swaddle and in the swing. It was easy and he loved it. It was hell getting him even into the co-sleeper from that. With it's rounded out bucket seat and cozy padded walls I don't blame him for being mad about leaving it. It's been so helpful in getting chores done while he sits peacefully or sleeps soundly. It creates the perfect little nook for him that only my lap and arms can out-do.

Fisher Price Ocean Wonders SpaceSaver Swing & Seat




<3

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that sea horse! My first baby HATED that thing. haha. As soon as it started to glow and play music, she would start screaming and screaming. I remember the first night we gave it to her, my husband panicked at her reaction and whipped it into the hallway and closed the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! That's too funny! he loveeesss that thing lol

    ReplyDelete