welcome to another day...

Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Recap



Been a bad blogger, woops. Ollie had a fever Thursday and I usually don't update on the weekend anyway, hence my absence. We headed out to my parents house in Lancaster this weekend for a mini vacation. My mom picked us up after work on Friday. Even though it takes a little longer due to traffic, I still wouldn't have her leave work early to get us, that's just silly. Friday night we just hung out and let my parents cuddle Ollie and spoil him with thier affection. Ollie gets really excited when his papa talks to him and trys really hard to communicate back.
Saturday we went to the local Goodwill that also has a discount Amish mart inside. I picked up a Carters sleeper, book, GAP airplane hoodie, Oshkosh onesie, and wooden toy car for the little man. Such great deals too. Then a little later, with Ollie strapped to me, Dave, Papa and I went on a little walk to see the horses out in the field behind thier house. I really love horses, but honestly their size slightly scares me! For dinner that night Ollie had more sweet potatos while we scarfed down chicken and waffles with mashed potatos corn. I liked the chicken maple gravy the best. When me and my mom team up, our cooking powers combined, are unstoppable ha! We left Sunday, a little while after going to an indoor flea market. I was trapped in one of the aisle's by an old couple oogling Ollie and making me feel like a I NEEDED a quilt for him. I was polite to them but couldn't help but squirm away as they stared at my giant plugs and piercings, no doubt wondering "who gave her that kid!?". We went to my Aunt Carole's house after that for a shirt visit. Ollie was a fuss pot the whole time and it really bummed me out my aunt didn't get to see him happy. We plan on visiting again really soon.
So far Ollie has had sweet potatos, apples, sweet peas, and pears. He seems to enjoy them all, but really loves the potatos. Laundry has been increased due to this new diet as well. Today I finally got around to cleaning and putting everything away after this weekend. It makes me sad that our beautiful bassinet, Ollies godmother gave to me at my shower, is a freakin laundry basket! Ugh. One day I'll get all that stuff figured out! I really need to find a good home for all this newborn stuff he's outgrown! He's only 13.4 lbs but he's 25.5 inches tall. Lean & Mean! He's already in 6 month clothing. And at only 19 weeks as of Sunday, it's looking like he's gonna be in 12 month clothing by 9 months!





Our new "trick" to getting him to poop (which btw is turning solid and stinky and gross) is water. Just a little at dinner seems to help *loosen* all those new solid foods going in, coming out. Okay now that I've grossed you all out, happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment