welcome to another day...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Massacre



Valentine's day this year was bittersweet. The day itself was pretty sweet, the night portion...not so much. It wasn't anything to do with not having romance or the right setting, it was just...other crap. Instead of getting to spend some quiet time together, snuggled on the couch, it was spent yelling, and complaining and venting to each other. Even though it wasn't perfect I wouldn't trade it for the the world...things like that just make me love and trust Dave even more. He is my best friend and truly my soulmate. I love him.
For V-day this year I decided to "think outside the box". I got both Ollie and Dave vintage valentine cards from the 50's. Ollie got new jammies, and a pacifier holder for his Soothie. I got Dave a variety package of candied and chocolate bacons and a pocket size comic book. He also stepped outside the box and got me an Ergo Backpack diaper bag (which we desperately needed) and some chocolates. But the best thing was this homemade card : )



The best thing about yesterday was that Ollie's main gift was a trip to the park for the first time! It was in the 60's here so I wrapped him up and tested about our baby carrier and away we went. It was amazing. He was looking all around smiling and wide eyed. He was really taken back by all the different senses. When we got to the park we put him in the baby swing with a blanket around him and watched as he decided whether he wanted to cry or laugh! He didn't do either. He was kinda freaked out, but eventually began to enjoy it!







Hope your Valentine's Day was as good as mine, or even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment