welcome to another day...

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Backstory




Last night was horrible. Today...was better. Last night Ollie refused to go to sleep at first, then passed out in my arms. Thev I woke up with him in my arms at 2:30am with the lights on, and Dave was passed out cold. So I woke Dave up to put him in the bassinet and of course he woke up and didn't want to be in the co-sleeper...only my arms. Can't lie and say I don't love holding my little guy to sleep.



Maybe I should give you guys a back story on Ollie thus far. He's 3 months and 4 days or 13 1/2 weeks. Born he was 8lbs, 21in even. Now he's 12lbs, 27 inches. He's exclusively breastfeed, but the first 2 weeks he was supplmented due to latch on problems, milk delay, and me being scared. I LOVE breastfeeding, it has been amazing. Not perfect by far though, I have to use a nipple shield everytime, which sucks. He won't take the nipple without it. Were co-sleepers, not completely by choice. For the first 3 weeks home he slept in his swing/seat in a swaddle. He hates to be swaddled, hates open spaces and the newborn body contour....so our bassinet sits un-used. I will admit I also have an EXTREME fear of SIDS and choking and anything else my little mind will scare me into thinking will happen. So we went out and bought the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper. From the beginning of November to Thanksgiving. Then when were at my parents, his first trip away, he freaaakkeedd out, refused to sleep in it and ended up in my arms. I gave in for a month, for our sanity and sleep. But since Christmas I've been trying EVERY night to get him to sleep in it. There's been progress, but some nights like last, he'll regress.


He's been playing and rolling so much more. And he's been trying to talk and blow raspberries. He has a few games he'll play with us and things we can say or sing that make him squeal. His smiles are the best. I can see two little teeth nubs on his bottom row of gums. If he's teething it would explain the constant fist eating and drooling. I'm hoping tonight will bring more sleep! Wish us luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment