welcome to another day...

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Daily Life


Ollie is 14 weeks today, hard to believe. I use to think right after Ollie was born that there was no way we've ever have a "schedule" again. But like with most things baby related it just took time. Now at 14 weeks, after some trial and error, I can safetly say, we have a schedule. Kinda. Of course it varies every so often, throwing us curveballs such as last minute doctors appointments, sparactic grocery shopping, and the ever so fun last minute Walmart shopping trip. Even our trips to the grandparents have begun to sing the same song. We get there, they hold him, we eat, go shopping, he sleeps, we eat again, he fusses, we leave. At least our daily schedule involves more stradegy, then uncertainty.


Everyday somewhere between 8-9am our little dude wakes us. We change him and play with him a bit, then I feed him breakfast, which is usually 30-40 minutes of boob. He usually falls a sleep for a good hour-hour and a half, while I sip coffee and watch awful morning public tv. When Oliver wakes up, usually his morning poop, he gets changed again, and put into clothes then gets "brunch". After about an hour or so of eating he takes a light nap while I eat lunch/fold laundry/ do whatever needs to be done. Our afternoons consist of more nursing, playtime, attempts at tummy time, chores, and another nap or 2, depending on what his night was like (he sleeps through the night once he actually GETS a sleep!). Dinner is always a mess. I start around 5-6, and by the time were ready to eat, Ollie is screaming and just unhappy. The only cure for that is more boob. Sometimes I'll nurse while eating, or wait till it's cold, I can't remember the last meal I ate *hot* without him screaming. After dinner we hangout with him and depending on if he had one the day before, he gets a bath. After the bath he goes into his night time diaper and sleep sack and gets nursed again. He'll fall sleep but wake at least 2-3 times before "bed" to nurse a little more. I'm guilty of letting him sleep on the bobby on my lap. He's never had a nap in his bassinet, but he does frequently sleep in his swing/seat throughout the day. Around 12 we take him into our room and put him to sleep in his co-sleeper. He usually wakes up at 4 or 5 am to be changed. I like our schedule, it's not perfect, but it works for us.


Our weekends are about the same as the weekdays. The only difference being is sometimes we travel out to my patents house in Lancaster. It's about an hour and a half away. Ollie sleeps the whole way there, which can mess up his sleep schedule if leaving time isn't planned right. Most of out time there is spent hanging around the house or going to the local Amish markets nearby. It's really cool they live so close to one of the best grocery stores and smorgasbords in PA, Shady Maple. We went there right before Christmas for breakfast and it was INCREDIBLE. I ate at least 8 turkey sausages stuffed with cheese...and I'm not ashamed to say it. The grocery store is also like nothing I've ever seen. They have over 300 different hot items you can take home, not to mention an enormous spice section and a bakery with every pie/cake/muffin you can imagine. If you're ever in Lancaster,PA I highly recommend going there!


Cilantro and walnut "pesto" crusted pork medalions with red wine reduction, maple and sugar baked yams with romano, and ceaser salad with dried cranberries.


Coconut curry chicken with sweet potatos and cranberries, over jasmine rice.

We love food. Even more so "ethnic" foods of all types. I've always loved cooking and baking but just recently got in to cooking Indian, Thai, Mexican, Japanese and Korean food. I can't get enough of it. I still cook tons of "American" based dishes too, just the another night we had Tuna noodle casserole...not my first choice. I like doing fushions as well, even if they don't always really "fuze" together. You may thinking "wait you have a 3 month old baby, how do you have time to cook like that?!", well I'll tell you...PLANNING HOURS AHEAD. Sometimes days. I plan the meal, thaw what I need, and throughout the day come up with how to cook it and what to pair it with. But trust me when I say, I totally have those days where I'm like "make yourself a sandwich babe, I'm not cooking.". Some days just get the best of your free time to even cook some mac n cheese.



Ollie's obsessed with these rings his Aunt Aubrie got him. They go straight in his mouth every time he gets one in his hand. I can't believe how good he is at holding his head up already. He amazes me more and more everyday.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment