welcome to another day...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weekend Recap: better late then never!


Ugh I've been a horrible blogger! I have good excuses though I swear! Recently Dave and I went vegetarian(him) and vegan(me). The change has been drastic, more so for him then me, seeing I was vegetarian for years and then vegan before. I've also been exercising everyday, twice a day. Running stairs/walking, lifting weights and practicing yoga. This baby weight needs to go away, permently! I feel so much healthier now and even less sluggish and tired. I started re-taking my prenatel even. My best friend is doing my hair for me next week. I'm hoping it's a self esteem booster. Lately I've felt kinda down on myself, but I'm now trying to live the "salt free life" by cutting people who create negativity out. I don't need that around me or my son. In that same sense, I'm trying to mend some of those bridges I started burning. Sometimes it only takes a couple a words or an argument to make you realize how trivial some things are in comparison. I now see how some things seem so silly compared to larger scale events that will shape who I am forever. Even if you're an "angel" I guess it's hard to not be caught "running with the devil". I'm so grateful for my ever supportive family and friends, they keep me sane in a very psychotic world. It hard to live in this world, but it's harder if you're stupid (words of my Father).




I think I may have the cutest child ever, ok I'm bias : ) but still! He never fails at making me smile. I love his bubble wig, he looks like Jimmy Neutron or Elvis. He's been jabbering on like a monkey for the past 2 weeks, practicing his "ooooo" and "ahhhhh". And he's been eating up a storm! So far he's had...
-green beans
-peaches*
-bananas
-apples
-sweet green peas*
-pears*
-carrots
-squash

The ones with an "*" are the things he hated and spit out and even cried over. He's really not 'too' fussy with food, unlike me, and just like his dad. I'm also happy to say I now get close to 7 servings of fruit AND vegetables a day and I've been soda free for 2 months. Now I'm working on coffee free. It's not easy but I make do.



I'm gonna leave you with this beautiful little cherub face! I can't believe he's 20 weeks old! And to all my friends who read, if you haven't kissed this sweet face lately please come
do so soon, were moving to Maine in May. We'll be the ones with "smell ya later PA" written on our bumpers!
Happy Wednesday!






No comments:

Post a Comment