welcome to another day...

Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Recap


This weekend we really didn't do too much Saturday or Sunday. Friday we traveled from Glenolden to Center City, Philadelphia for a day trip. It was the first time Ollie has been in the city and not in my belly. We had him in the carrier and boarded the train. I'll admit it was a little scary at first but once he fell a sleep on my chest, I knew he was comfortable. We ate some breakfast and headed toward Rittenhouse, a very popular park. It was kinda cold, and the sun was no where to be seen. We stopped into Urban Outfitters, my old job, and said "hi!" to my friend Lou as he rang me up for a ring stand on sale! We headed over to the Children's Boutique and Ollie cooed over an overpriced Elmo plush. After a diaper change in the local Barnes & Noble, we met up with my old friend Alison. She's a nanny herself, and a lover of all things baby. She held Ollie and talked to him as he smiled and screamed. He's still getting use to the idea of people besides us holding him. After hanging out for awhile, our friend Gabby stopped by to say "hi!" and give Ollie a hug. After Gabby left, my best friend and Ollie's Godmother, Sally came to meet us. We said goodbye to Alison and headed toward the train station for our ride back home.






Sally hung out with us until the next day until her train came. She had work early the next day and doesn't live very close, so away she went. We love having her over and I always have the best time gossiping with her and making fun of people we don't like. She's been by my side for almost 8 years now and I'm glad she's Ollie's godmother.



Here's some silly pictures of Ollie from over the weekend. He never takes the same picture twice.



Hope your weekend was good! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment